Covenant Blessing

You have a covenant blessing! In Genesis 28, we find Jacob fleeing from his brother Esau's fury on the way to his destination. He falls asleep on a stone and begins to have “a dream in which he saw a stairway (ladder) resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.” If that weren’t magnificent enough, Almighty God appears at the top of the stairs reminding Jacob of his covenant blessing and ending with the precious reminder, “Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." So many times we don’t remember our covenant blessing - perhaps even live a counterfeit! As seen in the life of Esau, constantly appearing as the one who has a traditional right to obtain the covenant blessing... it came to my clearest attention that before the twins birth God had given a prophetic word to Rebekah that the younger son, Jacob, would rule over the older (Genesis 25:23). There is a LOT more to this struggling story, but my encouragement is that we must remember that God has given us a covenant blessing and when He speaks it will trump everything! I was reminded of this lately as I see life decisions being made on opinions of man, traditions, and influence of the world! It is up to each one of us to seek with ALL of our hearts the perfect “ladder” - Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit (Romans 8:9) - so we may have continual access and awareness to an open heaven!

When Jacob awoke from his sleep, he thought, 'Surely the LORD is in this place, and I was not aware of it'... Genesis 28:16

No comments:

Post a Comment