Brokenness

I’ve just finished reading an excellent book on “brokenness” and the lifetime of events God will bring us to and through to get us to the point of brokenness. Through it, He delivers us from our selfish ways and shatters the delusions we have about ourselves. During this process, He supernaturally allows us to see how He sees us AND allows us to see ourselves as we truly are. Many of us resist this and are confused (even angry) about the trials and tribulations we face in life. But I tell you, if we can get to the point that we look for what God is doing in every situation and find His very presence in these moments we will begin to experience a new sense of trust and peace in the Lord that transcends time and space. It will literally bring us into eternity. 

Today I was mediating more on brokenness and the Holy Spirit took me to Isaiah 66:1-2. The ultimate reason for this brokenness is so God Almighty might have His place of rest in us and can be glorified through us. We must not resist what He is doing to bring about a humble and contrite spirit!

He is looking for you and me!

Thus says the Lord:
‘Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool;
what is the house that you would build for me,
and what is the place of my rest?
All these things my hand has made,
and so all these things came to be,’ declares the Lord.
‘But this is the one to whom I will look:
he who is humble and contrite in spirit
and trembles at my word’... Isaiah 66:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment